Weighing the (significantly important) weight of the pole on the towing bar is typically done with the help of a balance or a nose wheel gauge. The balance, having not been designed for this job, is inaccurate and too heavy to take along on a trip.
A plastic or metal nose wheel gauge functions with a steel spring, because of this it is also very inaccurate and being under contant load presents a danger if the housing fractures allowing the spring to “explode”.
The Reich TLC towbar load control combines a fine design with utmost accuracy and avoids problems associated with a wheel nose guage.
Digital read out in steps of 1 kilo and of course no spring.
Requires 2 x AA-batteries.
- Pole is coupled to the tow bar.
- Put the hand brake on the pole.
- Uncouple the pole.
- Place the pole on the correct height of the tow bar.
- Clamp the TLC in the pole.
- TLC is now located above the tow bar.
- Reset the TLC to zero by pressing the red knob.
- Turn the nose wheel in completely.
- Read out the weight on the TLC.
- Remove the TLC before you drive away!